My PhD coursework in Business Marketing led me to the conclusion that women are not reaping much financial rewards from composing film music. At http://www.wijsf.com/mission.htm, it is our mission to promote women musicians, globally. We have produced 4 compilation CDs of women’s music.
Perhaps, these reports from RB’s Stage 32 News, on women in film will back up my conjecture that there are great opportunities for women in the film music industry:
- Women in Movies 2013: Study Finds “Gender Inertia” Behind the Scenes
- Money Is the Only Way Out of the Film Industry’s Depressing “Gender Inertia”
- The Bigger the Film, the Fewer the Women: Nominations For This Year’s Oscars Will Prove Hollywood’s Sexism
- Krystal Ball: Separate Actor and Actress Categories Sexist
- What’s So Bad About Likable Women?
Tune in today @ 4 pm EST for my interview with Lauren Sevian at http://www.blogtalkrado.com/musicwoman